Also Knows as: Guggal, gum guggal, and gugulipid, guggulsterone
Guggul is made from the oily sap (gum resin) of the guggul tree, which is native to India, Bangladesh, and Pakistan. This tree has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries. Guggul contains plant steroids that lower cholesterol and triglycerides. One of these substances also decreases the redness and swelling that occurs in some types of acne. Guggul is used for hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis), weight loss, and other conditions.
Benefits & Uses
- Stomach Health: Ginger speeds up the emptying of the stomach, which is really beneficial for dealing with indigestion and related stomach discomfort.
- Acne: Taking guggul by mouth seems to work about as well as the antibiotic tetracycline for treating severe acne that affects the face, chest, and back (nodulocystic acne). Both treatments decrease pain, swelling (inflammation), and the number of acne outbreaks.
- High cholesterol: Guggul does seem to reduce cholesterol levels when taken by people from India who have high cholesterol levels.
- Osteoarthritis: Taking 1.5 grams of guggul daily might improve pain in people with osteoarthritis.
- Hyperlipidemia: Guggul is a popular natural treatment for hyperlipidemia, which is the medical term for abnormally high cholesterol and triglycerides levels. It may help reduce triglyceride, total cholesterol, and LDL (bad) cholesterol levels.
- Atherosclerosis (Hardening of arteries)
- Hypertriglyceridemia (High levels of fats called triglycerides in the blood)
- Improve cardiac function
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Commiphora mukul Extract
|Product Name||Guggul Extract|
|Botanical Name||Commiphora mukul|
|Part Used||Oleo-gum resin|
|Active Ingredient||Guggulsterone, Guggullipids|
|Assay||2.5% – 10%||HPLC/UV|
|Description||Off White to cream Powder||Organoleptic|
|Sieve Test||100% Pass through 40 mesh||USP <786>|
|Total Heavy metals||NMT 10 ppm||USP<231>|
|Arsenic||NMT 1 ppm||USP<231>|
|Cadmium||NMT 1 ppm||USP<231>|
|Lead||NMT 3 ppm||USP<231>|
|Mercury||NMT 0.1 ppm||USP<231>|
|MICROBIOLOGICAL AND PATHOGEN ANALYSIS|
|Standard Plate Count||NMT 5000 cfu/gm||USP<61>|
|Yeast & Moulds||NMT 100 cfu/gm||USP<61>|
|Coliforms||NMT 10 cfu/gm||USP<61>|