Also Knows as: Indian pennywort, Gotu Kola
Centella is a herbaceous plant belonging to the family Mackinlayaceae. It is a mild adaptogen and has been used as a medicinal herb for thousands of years in India, where it is commonly used in antiaging preparations for the skin. Centella is used for burns, poor circulation that can lead to varicose veins (venous insufficiency), scars, stretch marks, and many other conditions. Centella contains certain chemicals that seem to decrease inflammation and also decrease blood pressure in veins. It also seems to increase collagen production, which is important for wound healing.
Benefits & Uses
- Vitality Booster: Centella helps combat stress and anxiety which is generally at the root of sexual dysfunction. It also nourishes nervous system thus stimulates sexual desire.
- Memory/Longevity: Centella is well known for the memory enhancement and promoting Longevity.
- Atherosclerosis: People with atherosclerosis have fatty deposits called plaques along the lining of their blood vessels. Taking Centella for 3 months to 4 years, with or without maritime pine, might help stabilize these plaques so they are less likely to break off and trigger clot formation. This could reduce the risk of a heart attack or stroke.
- Blood clots in the veins (venous thromboembolism or VTE): Centella helps to prevent blood clots during long plane flights. It decrease fluid retention and improve blood circulation in people traveling on airplanes for more than 3 hours.
- Scarring: Applying a specific Centella cream to the skin twice daily for 6-8 weeks after the removal of stitches might help reduce scarring.
- Common cold and flu
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
Centella asiatica Extract
|Product Name||Centella Extract|
|Botanical Name||Centella asiatica|
|Assay||10% – 95%||Graviemetry / HPLC|
|Description||Light Brown to brown Powder||Organoleptic|
|Sieve Test||100% Pass through 60 mesh||USP <786>|
|Bulk Density||0.4-0.8 g/ml||USP <616>|
|Total Heavy metals||NMT 10 ppm||USP<231>|
|Arsenic||NMT 1 ppm||USP<231>|
|Cadmium||NMT 1 ppm||USP<231>|
|Lead||NMT 3 ppm||USP<231>|
|Mercury||NMT 0.1 ppm||USP<231>|
|MICROBIOLOGICAL AND PATHOGEN ANALYSIS|
|Standard Plate Count||NMT 5000 cfu/gm||USP<61>|
|Yeast & Moulds||NMT 100 cfu/gm||USP<61>|
|Coliforms||NMT 10 cfu/gm||USP<61>|