Also Knows as: Natural Caffeine, 1,3,7-Trimethylxanthine
Caffeine is a metabolic and Central nervous system stimulant and occurs naturally in coffee beans, tea leaves and cocoa nuts. Caffeine is artificially added to many products such as medicines, soft drinks and a variety of energy drinks. It works to reduce physical fatigue, prevent drowsiness, makes one more alert and gives a temporary boost of energy. It produces increased wakefulness, faster and clearer flow of thought, increased focus, and better general body coordination.
Benefits & Uses
- Energy: It Stimulates the central nervous system to reduce fatigue and drowsiness, which benefit exercise performance. It also improves endurance and increase muscular strength. Such properties make caffeine one of the best performance enhancer. Hence it is used as key ingredient in sports and energy drinks.
- Antioxidants Properties: It contains antioxidants that prevent or slow cell damage and may offer protection from heart disease and diabetes.
- Gallbladder disease. Drinking beverages that provide at least 400 mg of caffeine daily seems to reduce the risk of developing gallstone disease. The effect seems to be dose-dependent. Taking 800 mg of caffeine daily seems to work best.
- Headache after surgery. Using caffeine by mouth or intravenously is effective for preventing headaches following surgery.
- Migraine. Taking caffeine by mouth together with pain relievers such aspirin and acetaminophen is effective for treating migraines. Caffeine is an FDA-approved product for use with pain relievers for treating migraine headaches.
- Parkinson’s disease: It offers men some protection against Parkinson’s disease.
- Athletic performance
- Headache after epidural anesthesia
- Low blood pressure
- Skin cancer
Caffeine anhydrous BP
|Product Name||Caffeine anhydrous|
|Common Name||Caffeine anhydrous|
|Assay||98.5% – 101.5%||HPLC|
|Description||white colour Powder||Organoleptic|
|Sieve Test||100% Pass through 40 mesh||USP <786>|
|Total Heavy metals||NMT 10 ppm||USP<231>|
|Arsenic||NMT 1 ppm||USP<231>|
|Cadmium||NMT 1 ppm||USP<231>|
|Lead||NMT 3 ppm||USP<231>|
|Mercury||NMT 0.1 ppm||USP<231>|
|MICROBIOLOGICAL AND PATHOGEN ANALYSIS|
|Standard Plate Count||NMT 5000 cfu/gm||USP<61>|
|Yeast & Moulds||NMT 100 cfu/gm||USP<61>|
|Coliforms||NMT 10 cfu/gm||USP<61>|