Also Knows as: Ananas, Pineapple Extract
Bromelain belongs to a group of protein-digesting enzymes obtained commercially from the fruit or stem of pineapple. Bromelain is a mixture of different thiol endopeptidases and other components like phosphatase, glucosidase, peroxidase, cellulase, and several protease inhibitors. Bromelain is considerably absorbable in the body without losing its proteolytic activity and without producing any major side effects. Bromelain is promoted as a dietary supplement for reducing pain and swelling, especially of the nose and sinuses, gums, and other body parts after surgery or injury. It is also promoted for osteoarthritis, cancer, digestive problems, and muscle soreness.
Benefits & Uses
- Digestion: Bromelain is widely preferred enzyme to relieve stomach upset and the symptoms of digestive disorders. Some people use it as an adjunct therapy to treat inflammatory bowel disorders because of its inflammation-reducing properties.
- Cardiovascular Disease: Bromelain was effective at treating cardiovascular diseases, such as peripheral artery disease, stroke, heart attack, and high blood pressure. Bromelain inhibits the ability of blood platelets to stick or clump together (aggregation). This may help reduce clot formation and cardiovascular events.
- Osteoarthritis: It is found that bromelain’s anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties make it an effective treatment for the pain, soft-tissue swelling, and joint stiffness associated with osteoarthritis.
- Sinusitis: Taking 500 milligrams of bromelain six times a day for three months improved symptoms and quality of life. Bromelain may shorten the duration of acute sinusitis symptoms in children, improve breathing, and reduce nasal inflammation.
- Hay Fever
- Improving antibiotic absorption
- Loss of Pain in Surgery
- Weight Loss
|Botanical Name||Ananas comosus|
|Activity||500-3000 GDU/g||In House|
|Description||White to Off White Fine Hygroscopic Powder||Organoleptic|
|Sieve Test||100% Pass through 40 mesh||USP <786>|
|Bulk Density||NLT 0.5 g/ml||USP <616>|
|Total Heavy metals||NMT 10 ppm||USP<231>|
|Arsenic||NMT 1 ppm||USP<231>|
|Cadmium||NMT 1 ppm||USP<231>|
|Lead||NMT 3 ppm||USP<231>|
|Mercury||NMT 0.1 ppm||USP<231>|
|MICROBIOLOGICAL AND PATHOGEN ANALYSIS|
|Standard Plate Count||NMT 5000 cfu/gm||USP<61>|
|Yeast & Moulds||NMT 100 cfu/gm||USP<61>|
|Coliforms||NMT 10 cfu/gm||USP<61>|