Also Knows as: Brahmi, herb of grace
Bacopa Monnieri, generally known as Brahmi, is a common herb in Ayurvedic medicine.
Bacopa monnieri is a perennial, creeping herb native to the wetlands of southern and Eastern India, Australia, Europe, Africa, Asia, and North and South America. It is used for a variety of medicinal purposes, including improving memory, reducing anxiety, and treating epilepsy. It contains Bacosides, which is the active class of compounds in Bacopa monnieri, have been shown to kill aggressive brain tumor cells and inhibit the growth of breast and colon cancer cells.
Benefits & Uses
- Anxiety: Taking bacopa syrup daily for 4 weeks seems to reduce symptoms of anxiety, including nervousness, racing heart, trouble sleeping, headaches, tiredness, difficulty concentrating, and stomach discomfort in some people with anxiety.
- Attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): Taking bacopa for 6 months seems to improve ADHD symptoms such as restlessness and learning problems by 20% or more in some children with ADHD.
- Epilepsy (seizures): Taking bacopa extract for 5 months might prevent seizures in some people with epilepsy.
- Powerful antioxidants: It help to protect against cell damage caused by potentially harmful molecules called free
radicals. Bacosides neutralize free radicals and stop fat molecules from reacting with free radicals.
- Reduce blood pressure levels: It lower both systolic and diastolic blood pressure levels. It did this by releasing gas ,
which helps dilate blood vessels, leading to improved blood flow and lower vital sign . Dose of 300 mg of Bacopa
monnieri daily had no effect on vital sign levels.
- Boost Brain Function
- Insomnia (sleep problems)
- Joint pain (rheumatism)
- Reduce Inflammation
Bacopa monnieri Extract
|Product Name||Bacopa Extract|
|Botanical Name||Bacopa monnieri|
|Assay||10% – 50%||HPLC/UV/Graviemetry|
|Description||Light Brown to brown Powder||Organoleptic|
|Sieve Test||100% Pass through 40 mesh||USP <786>|
|Bulk Density||0.3-0.7 g/ml||USP <616>|
|Total Heavy metals||NMT 10 ppm||USP<231>|
|Arsenic||NMT 1 ppm||USP<231>|
|Cadmium||NMT 1 ppm||USP<231>|
|Lead||NMT 3 ppm||USP<231>|
|Mercury||NMT 0.1 ppm||USP<231>|
|MICROBIOLOGICAL AND PATHOGEN ANALYSIS|
|Standard Plate Count||NMT 5000 cfu/gm||USP<61>|
|Yeast & Moulds||NMT 100 cfu/gm||USP<61>|
|Coliforms||NMT 10 cfu/gm||USP<61>|